Wednesday 19 December 2012

Cosplay Review: A Versatile Venetian Veneer - or a Beautiful Metal Mask (I love alliteration!)

Yesterday I arrived home to a lovely surprise! Caroline from Silly Jokes sent me a present in the form of a gorgeous Venetian mask.



No when I think of a Venetian mask I think of opulent parties and sumptuous satin dresses (although those masks with the big noses weird me out a little) but they are not really limited to historical costume these days.

I was advised that this particular style was similar to a mask seen in The Vampire Diaries and after a bit of research I saw that this alternative style of Venetian mask was classy, stylish and very wearable.



The mask I was sent is made of a fine coated metal with beautiful filigree design (you can view it here). I am informed that they are made and imported from the Veneto region in Italy - these are the real deal!





I found wearing the mask a little odd at first but very quickly became used to it, the metal work is smooth and does not scratch and the ribbon ties make it comfortable over your ears. I wore this for around an hour to get a feeling of how it might feel on a night out (the things I do for my readers!) and surprisingly it was more comfortable than the card mask I wore during my time as Harley Quinn.

The only downside to this mask is that the price may seem a little expensive, but the quality is really outstanding. It is the kind of thing that you could bring out again and again at a new year party which is something very valuable in costuming.


Now if only I had a party to go to...

Have you ever been to a masquerade ball?



1 comment:

  1. wow that mask is gorgeous!
    I've only ever been to one masquerade but it was our prom years ago and not many people done it, but I'd love to go to a proper one :D xx

    ReplyDelete

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...