Thursday 31 January 2013

Cosplay Inspirations: London Super Comic Convention 2013 - Costume Preparation


Right. It's been a while since I posted anything on cosplay but I am finally ready to share the details of my latest big project.

I am preparing a costume for London Super Comic Convention - or LSCC.

I went last year and it was a lot of fun so I was very eager to go back. I wrote a round-up of what went on for Den of Geek last year and I'm sure this year will be no less fun. The full line up of artists has just been announced and the con runs over the 23rd and 24th of February  so there is loads of time if you decide you'd like to give a bit of cosplay a go!

It was a great event for fans of comics but it was also a great chance to meet other movers and shakers of the cosplay world. Oh yeah, then there's the autographs and sketches... oh... and the shopping of course! I went to lots of panels and met lots of people and bought lots of stuff. It was awesome and I'm really glad to be going back.

Now then, last year I dressed as Ms. Marvel. Back before she became Captain Marvel and it was great fun to prance around like an idiot wearing a mask, now this time I am stepping up the cosplay. I am dressing as Carol Ferris as a Star Sapphire:


No not that costume...

But the classic version from the 1960s:


That's better.

Progress is going quite well, although I'm having a lot of trouble with the fabric for the white panel. I guess I'll just have to see how it goes.

Bye for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...