Tuesday 12 February 2013

Vintage Style: A Holly Willoughby Tea Dress and a Faux Bang


I'm am not very good at going out. I like to dance about so I tend to get frustrated when there is no room to dance in a place. I am also not very comfortable with the traditional going out attire... I like my skirts to touch my knees and I although I enjoy a good pair of heels, I prefer dancing shoes.

Consequentially for a night out with the ladies from work I simply had no idea what to wear. I always end up with too dressed up or too... erm, girly casual. I think this time I ended up too casual but oh well.

I went with a navy blue dress with a little floral print paired with blue tights and some reddish patent brogues. The dress is by Holly Willoughby for Very. I got this dress from eBay (as usual) so it was quite cheap but Holly's dresses are usually pretty nice, with girly designs and a a little retro inspiration. The cardigan is from Monsoon and was super cheap in the last sale!



To counteract the slightly dressed down clothing, I decided to try something more exciting with my hair. Now, my new hair cut has a fringe, but I thought I would have a go at creating a faux bang anyway. I did a sort of big faux Betty Bang at the front with two smaller rolls either side - of course accompanied with a couple of flowers.



What do you usually wear for a night out?


2 comments:

  1. I think it's cute and comfortable while still looking vintage. Love your bumper bang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair is awesome and I can see this dress on a lot of people's want list. Lovely

    ReplyDelete

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...