Thursday 25 April 2013

A Trip to Whitby and a Couple of Outfits

Well hello there!

Things have been super busy here so I'm doing a big post with lots of pictures. Not last weekend but the one before I actually had a long weekend off. I wouldn't really mind working weekends but when you live apart from your partner it can make arranging visiting times difficult. As a consequence it means that my husband needs to vist me more often than I get to visit him, so a rare weekend off means I get to have a trip away.

Mr. Fancy lives close to Whitby so during my time a-visitin' we took the time to check out the seaside town and the creepy abbey.



I did get to see cute ponies though.

It was a moody spring day with clouds in the sky but it wasn't too cold so I chose to wear a Pearl Lowe jersey dress, a vintage cardigan and my classic teal mac over the top.


I love Pearl Lowe dresses, but since Peacocks disappeared I'm not really sure if there will be any more, there are still quite a few floating around on eBay but they can go for quite a price, this one cost me around £18 which is probably about average.


The cardigan came from a vintage shop in York. I'm not sure how long it will be around for, but it is a 3 for £5 vintage shop near the Shambles and given that it is so cheap I would certainly recommend it! It doesn't really have anything super classy or anything from before the 1960s but it has a lot of nice woolen skirts, blouses and knitwear so it is excellent for super cheap vintage basics.

This cardigan in particular is from M&S and has grapes as pert of the design. I thought the whole idea of grapes on a cardigan was crazy so I decided that I had to have it and for around £1.65, who can blame me.

On the Sunday we went to a restaurant for a really yummy carvery and I wore an outfit composed of items found solely at the 3 for £5 vintage shop. I can't really date anything accutately, but I think the skirt looks early 1990s and the cardigan is probably from a similar time. The shoes are a pair of brogues from Clarks.



That's it for now. Has anyone else found a vintage shop as bargain-istic as 3 for £5?





6 comments:

  1. Love your outfits!

    I love ruins! THey have something mystorious and nostalgic I think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)

      I think the moody sky really helped the feel of the day.

      Delete
  2. I don't know why, but it made me laugh seeing your tea thermos when you're sitting on the bench, I forgot how it is your favourite accessory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need some kind of customising kit to make it fit in with my wardrobe :£

      Delete
  3. Those horsies are too cute - great pics!

    Now following you on GFC and would be great to get a follow back, if you would like to follow each other? :)

    Be great if you could check out my latest posts:

    Crop top and white buckle sandals - Essex Inspired Outfit!

    Lily Lulu Leather Laser Cut Dress

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whitby looks lovely. Love your pretty outfit especially the cardigan, what a find. I don't think I have ever managed to find anything vintage at such an amazing price

    ReplyDelete

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...