Wednesday 19 June 2013

Vintage Outfit: Sunny Scarborough and a Tropical Vintage Skirt

Boy have I been enjoying the sunny weather! I'm not sure how long it will last, but being the sceptical Brit I am determined to enjoy every moment I can get until the summer rain inevitably sets in (usually during the first week of the summer holidays).


On a lovely sunny day I decided to go for a walk in the park with Mr. Fancy in his hometown of Scarborough. This particular park was Peasholm, a lovely park near the beach with a large lake and a mixed 'Asian Fusion' (to quote Glee) theme.


Around the lake there are little walks and streams with trees, squirrels and sculptures of large mushrooms. The lake itself was covered in people riding in dragon shaped peddle boats (a nice alternative to the usual swan) and in the centre there is a large island with waterfalls, bridges and small walled garden and pagoda. The parks feel was eccentric at best, but I love eccentric and eclectic so I throughly enjoyed myself!






As for my outfit I wore a lovely tropical print black skirt with greens and yellow flowers on it, it is vintage and from eBay so was only £7 its really light and floaty which makes it perfect for a summer day.The blouse is from Next and I've had it for about 6 years but it is one of the few blouses that doesn't pop open at the buttons so I'm very reluctant to ever let it go! Lastly I wore some leopard print ballet pumps from Clarks. They weren't cheap at £34.99, but they are the first pair of ballerinas I've ever been able to wear as I have stupidly narrow feet so I was willing to give them a go.





No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...