Sunday 15 September 2013

Last days of summer in Tunbridge Wells

Ah September, officially autumn and the weather is changing, working its was to winter and my posting has been a little back logged lately what with starting a new job and moving house AND having to survive without any internet. Cries. Its been a tough ol' time.

But on the bright side, I am not fairly settled into a work routine and have a cute little flat with my husband in Tunbridge Wells. Which I LOVE! I've lived in the south before so its not too weird for me but Tunbridge Wells is very different to Brighton and Hove. We have a little flat close to the station as I need to get a train to work, but the city isn't too big so we can walk pretty much everywhere. Across the road from our flat there is a short cut to the shops through a park which is quite pretty.


The slightly dried out grass made me think of another country, somewhere warmer probably. There is a more conventional park attached as well a little further down the hill and one close to the road on the other side of the building our flat is in. Park life it would seem...

I have to say I am really enjoying being in Tunbridge Wells, I haven't taken a lot of photos of the area yet but I will post more as I find new and exciting things :)



That stride is me feeling happy to have a few moments to walk in the park!


This dress is Laura Ashley and is fairly typical of their 1980s styles but I think what makes this one special is that the print is so wearable. It is navy with a red flowers and hints of green in the leaves but they are pretty small which makes the whole dress a bit simpler.

What do you think of the shoes?! They are from Topshop and I have not bought anything from that shop for at least 4 years, and I am pretty sure I have never bought anything full price before... but these shoes were the thing that broke me. They are lovely little red flatties with a T-bar and remind me of school shoes (that I hated at the time!) and are pretty much the most adorable footwear I've had for a while. 


One place I did manage to get a little bit of a look at was the Pantiles it has really pretty architecture and is an area full of cafes and shops with things for houses. Sadly right now I can't afford much of the latter but I will be making an effort to try some of those restaurants!


Here is me sitting in the Pantiles, you can get a better look at the colours of the dress is this picture. I have to say that the side bits of my bangs that I am growing out are driving me a bit mad though...


Dress: Vintage Laura Ashley
Shoes: Topshop
Headband: Accessorize
Sunglasses: Brighton stall
Satchel: Yoshi

Anywho, hopefully I will be able to keep you updated on some of my southern adventures and since it is coming up to October I can reveal that I have started working on some costumes :P but there will be more on that later on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...