Thursday 14 November 2013

Cosplay: Luigi and Princess Daisy from the Super Mario Franchise

Aw, finally I'm getting around to posting this! I think this costume is my finest cosplay moment so far. Just in case you are unfamiliar with who princess daisy is I popped a picture below. Daisy is to Luigi as Princess Peach is to Mario, a sort of love interest for the sidekick. She has been around for a while, but it is only with the multi character Mario games like Mario Party and Mario Kart that she has started to come into her own as a character.


Her iconic costume is her yellow dress that is almost exactly the same as Peach's dress but with a few tweaks in design. I previously posted quite a bit of detail about how I manages to make the dress so I wont bore you with the details in this post.

Instead here are some pictures of the finished costume that I wore to MCM Expo: London Comic Con in October 2013:



The earrings and jewels on the crown were made using clear cabochons that I backed with white foam backing that I coloured in myself to make sure I got the colour just right. The crown was made with a double layer of craft foam that was kept in place with a hair band and copious amounts of hair grips.

The hair was the Kerry wig that was kindly provided by Wonderland Wigs that was already cut perfectly and just needed a little bit of styling to get the perfect shape and those flick side bits. I styled the wig using shockwaves hair wax and found that it was really easy to brush out so the wig lives for another day! I was super pleased with it - I will be wearing it again.

The make-up was most of my wedding make-up (from Mac) with the additions of some silly and super thick faux lashes that I got from Primark of all places (they're the same ones I wore as Gwen Stacy).


Of course being a princess, I had to give a bit of a curtsey. 


Even princesses like to play video games! (Pokemon X and Y looks amazing!)

My husband decided to compliment my outfit by dressing as Luigi! He was always the taller slimmer one when compared to the Mario Bros.


Here's his outfit, he did have a pair of white gloves too but they seem to be missing in this picture.


I made the 'tache with the same type of foam as I made my crown with and used a hi-tech Sharpie marker to colour it black.

Of course, eating with a faux 'tache isn't exactly easy...


Here is a picture of the pair of us together. I must say it was a lot of fun being a cosplay couple, were were asked if we would post for photos quite a lot :D I felt like a celebrity.


I also had my picture taken with Saffy who was organising a Nintendo meet, and dressed as a lady Mario.




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Ari, it was a lot of fun. I'm really looking forward to London Super Comic Con now, I'm already planning my costumes :)

      Delete

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...