Thursday 12 December 2013

A modern Laura Ashley dress

From some of my previous posts, you might have figured out that I am a fan of Laura Ashley, especially the vintage style numbers from the late 1980s, however this time I've been wearing a floral dress that is a little more recent.

This dress is fairly recent Laura Ashley, although I'm not sure when exactly it is from as I bought it from eBay (as always). I originally saw it about 5 years ago and have been watching out for it ever since. I thought the shape looked pretty flattering with a fitted waist and a slightly flared skirt. The shoulders and arms are a little big for me, but I  so regularly have this problem I've learned where to sew to fix it.

Since it is cold lately however I added a long sleeve shirt underneath the dress but I think it works okay.


I really love the colours of this dress, the shades of pink and yellow remind me of the psychadellic 60s, but with a more subtle style floral version...


I decided to wear one of my favourite beret with this outfit. The colour doesn't quite match, but I think I just about get away with it. I'm not sure I like my hair in this straight way, I think it looks better a bit curlier, but hey, we have to experiment with these things.


Finally I had to do the swish test, although the skirt is a little bit slim to get a good swirl with...



80s Laura Ashley vs. now, what do you think?


4 comments:

  1. I too love Laura Ashley 80s and 90s stuff. Her items are so beautiful and so is this dress. Unfortunately it is so hard to find LA in my size Lg to XL. :-/ Your hair looks pretty straightened or curly. I can't wait till mine is about your length!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that so many LA dresses are really small fitting too (even the modern ones) and they are often very small on the bust, but when you find one that fits, its wonderful!

      Delete
  2. That dress is so pretty! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ari! Best part was that it cost less than £10!

      Delete

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...