Monday 30 December 2013

One Direction... but not as you know it...

Well this is a bit embarrassing. But I'm putting it on here anyway. Aren't you lucky.

DISCLAIMER: If you are a fan of One Direction, I suggest you navigate away from this page right now as I may be about to shatter your dreams.

My work have this very silly little tradition, or rite of passage, or enforced humiliation, of new staff that is the Staff Pantomime. Lets just say it is written by teenagers and usually is designed to humiliate the noobs as much as possible. It is of course based on silly pop culture events like I'm a Celebrity and X-Factor and with it being a Pantomime, many of the men are expected to dress as women and vice versa. 

My role in the Pantomime was as one of One Direction. We had to dance on to the stage to 'Best Song Ever' and do a dance routine, right up my street to be honest, and then say a line or two to get the audience cheering. Easy right? Humiliating? Definitely.

Now I was supposed to be Liam, and after some googling I realised that this was not a look that I could pull off, what with the buzz cut etc. So I had a chat with the other members of the band and swapped with the person playing Louis, since his is more of a look I could get into.

He's the one in the red braces in case you didn't know.
Image credit: The Mirror
I figured shirt, trousers, braces, done deal right? Oh and a stupid hat to hide my hair and some kind of floppy thing done with my fringe.

Easier said than done...


I don't think it was a bad effort, but boy are boobs hard to hide. And as for dancing, turns out I only know how to dance LIKE A GIRL! How weird! Oh, then there's posing, so I can only pose if its a hand on hip maximise my assets kind of shot...

Here's a photo of me mid 'HOW DO BOYS POSE?!' panic.


I don't think I did a horrendous job, although when I spoke to some of the ladies in the audience they quickly told me that I had 'ruined their dreams of marrying Louis'... erm... yeah...

I'm not sure that I would consider this my best cosplay ever (see what I did there) but I did the best with what I had. I would totally be in the pantomime again, so it can't have been that bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...