Thursday 9 January 2014

A beehive, a fair isle cardigan and parka jacket

So I am still experimenting with my haircut and I have discovered that I can put it up. I played around with backcombing a little and gave myself a bit of a beehive. I thought the 60s look looked great with these cats eye specs so I was quite excited to put the look together. I used a thick line on my eye too and pale lips (going against my trade mark red).



I decided to wear a retro inspired dress by Holly Willoughby. I adore the peter pan collar on this dress, the lace is really substantial and the dress feels really solid over all so I was pretty pleased with the quality of this dress, especially since it came from eBay for ~£9! It is a little shorter than I'd usually go for but I found that with some thick wooly tights I just about got away with it.


Naturally with all the print on the dress I thought that the best thing I could do would be to team it with more colour with a nordic/fair isle cardigan (I'm not 100% sure what the difference is between the two but this forum helps a little). The cardigan is from Primark which is actually pretty good quality too. I have two similar cardigans from Primark that I have had for about 3 years now and if this one lasts as well, then I will be pretty happy with my £14 purchase!


Not so sure about that. But when you cover it up with a big cosy parka jacket you can't see it anyway.


Dress: Holly Willoughby via eBay
Cardigan: Primark
Tights: Accessorize
Boots: Clarks
Parka: Topshop via eBay

 I think the parka kind of completes the 60s inspired vibe. What do you think?



2 comments:

  1. I love the dress! It looks quite good quality indeed and the glasses are super cute:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a good experience with Holly Willoughby dresses, they're fairly inexpensive on eBay and so far they have been pretty well made. What more can you ask for? Thanks for the follow by the way :)

      Delete

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...