Thursday 30 July 2015

It's a nice day, to go to a wedding in a Vivien of Holloway Kitty dress


‘Tis the season for weddings! Yey! Who doesn’t love a wedding? I adore getting dressed up for events and an excuse to buy a nice new dress is always appreciated.

This was the first wedding I have been to since my own wedding so it was really fun to see it all from the other side of things.

As it was a summer wedding I decided to go with something light and floral and luckily for me Vivien of Holloway had just put a new Kitty dress on their site in peach and royal blue florals.



I have ranted and raved about the Kitty dress so many times I’m sure you don’t need me to tell you how wonderful it is again. But if you had any doubt, it is amazing. It is still my favourite design of their dresses by a very long way. It's just soooo flattering!



Because of the dress’s blue tones I wore the dress with a blue light cardigan and a pair of blue highwoods from Lotta from Stockholm. I felt they were the perfect summer accessories.


I made a particular effort when pin curling my hair I let them dry and set for even longer than usual and gave them a very thorough brushout. I was really very pleased with the result, it ended up being far smoother and sleeker than usual. I only wish I knew what I did differently this time that lead to the lovely smooth curls. But sometimes you just need a bit of luck with hair.


Outfit Details
Dress: Vivien of Holloway
Cardigan: Monsoon
Shoes: Lotta from Stockholm
Belt: Vintage

What is your dream wedding guest outfit?





4 comments:

  1. Lovely dress. I wish I had more time for dressing up. I clocked your shoes and guessed they were Lotta from Stockholm. I adore that company x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had more time too :( I think social occasions like weddings are great excuses though, if only they came around more often! Yeah I love Lotta too, there clogs are great and so much more affordable than other brands.

      Delete
    2. Beautiful dress and lovely photos.

      Delete
  2. I do love the Kitty dresses. When I brought my first one, I was apprehensive because of the length (I'm not a very tall person so skirts and dresses that end below the knees make me look short and weird) but as soon as I tried it on, I fell in love with it. I've just ordered that print as a replacement for my other one and I'm very excited to receive it because it's such a beautiful print

    ReplyDelete

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...