Tuesday 24 December 2013

Getting ready for Christmas in a vintage green dress and red cardigan

Well I have finally finished work for the holidays and I am now feeling pretty festive. I thought I could let these feelings show with a festive themed outfit.

This green dress was an impulse purchase from a vintage stall at Pickering this year, it looks hand made from a vintage pattern but I have to say it fits like a dream, and the print us gorgeous! It is often quite hard to find a versatile green dress, but the colours of the flowers on this one, and the black colour that runs through the background means that it is very versatile.


Being christmassy, I decided to do a colour clash and wore a red cardigan that came from M&S via a charity shop.


Close up of the print:


I was also pretty pleased with how my hair turned out today. I usually use bendy rollers to set my hair but have found that this can be a bit extreme for this shorter length of hair. I've never really known what to do with pin curls though so I was starting to feel at a bit of a loss.

However Masters of Sex to the rescue yet again, in the latest episode there was a scene where the character Virginia has pin curls in her hair to set it over night. I made an attempt to memorise the set and had a go that very night! I don't have enough pin curl clips to do it properly, but I think I am convinced enough to buy a few more.


Lastly this coat was my find of the year in a charity shop! It is vintage, and probably from the 1930s or 1940s and an absolute steal for £25! It has a crepe lining and is really heavy and warm thank goodness. Even better than that - IT FITS!


Check out the detail on the collar? Its beautiful in real life.


Dress: Vintage stall at Pickering
Cardigan: M&S via charity shop
Coat: Vintage via charity shop
Gloves: Accessorise
Glasses: Lensway

My husband and I couldn't really buy and christmas decorations this year, so I learned how to make origami christmas trees :) I thought I'd share my best ones.


Lastly, I picked up a package from home today. How cute is the tag on this? How well they know me...


Are you all ready for Christmas?








2 comments:

  1. That dress was made for you! Looks great. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I do love a lucky find at a market.

      Delete

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...