Tuesday 17 December 2013

M&S bunny rabbit christmas jumper

I have a confession to make. I am not a huge fan of the christmas jumper, favouring instead the fair isle/nordic style designs rather than the novelty designs available.

Therefore when a friend of mine had a christmas party that demanded Christmas attire I was sort of stuck. I do have one patterned jumper however, a cute little number from M&S with white bunnies all over it. To be honest, I don't really think rabbits have anything to do with Christmas (or hares either thank you very much John Lewis!) but this was the closest to a Christmas jumper as I could muster.


I decided to wear trousers with my jumper. They are a pair of chino style trousers from M&S and they have a little bit of stretch in them which makes them pretty comfortable and they are quite high waisted too without being jeans so I can get away with wearing them for work :D

I also recently acquired a parka from eBay, I never thought I would be the type of girl to get a parka but my husband swears by his in the cold weather so I decided to try and find one for my work commute. Gotta keep warm!

Parkas seem to be very in at the moment, every other person I see is wearing one and I'm not really sure when that happened... Anywho, this one is from Topshop, but it is second hand and I estimate from the late 1990s early 2000s based on the label, you can see it has been worn, but I got hold of it in good nick and for only £16 compared to to £50-100 price tag I see on new ones so I don't really mind. It is really warm and has lovely deep pockets to keep my rubbish in.


Dressing down did however mean that I had to do something fantastic with my hair! Since I had it cut short I haven't really found the perfect style up do, I think I almost had it with this one, I would make a couple of changes to it if I try again, but overall I was pretty pleased. The best part was that when I took it out it had a beautiful curl set that lasted for 3 days! I really ought to have taken a photo of that...

On a side note, please excuse the silly make up, I wore a bright green eyeshadow and red blusher and lipstick to keep with the christmas theme. In hindsight perhaps a little much but never mind.


What do you think of christmas jumpers? Do rabbits count?


1 comment:

  1. They are the elusive and magical Christmas bunnies! To be fair, I don't have any type of Christmas sweater and will be taking this gaudy long-sleeved shirt with a sequined dragon on it I've had forever and pinning on a little Santa hat to the dragon for a party I'm attending on Saturday. Your outfit looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...