Wednesday 11 June 2014

A Visit to Penhurst Place

On a bright sunny day I went on a visit to Penhurst Place. A lovely tudor house with pretty gardens, a toy museum and beautiful rooms to look at. The gardens were absolutely beautiful and it was such a glorious day it was a perfect combination.



Sadly photography wasn't allowed in any of the buildings but one of my favourite things they had on display was some of the costumes from The Other Boleyn Girl that was filmed there.

My husband took some pictures of me in the gardens which made the best backdrop!






This outfit features something I'm absolutely loving at the moment - the midi skirt! I love the fact that these skirts sit just below the knee so they are really flattering, I've just found it hard to find a midi with the right kind of fullness that wasn't a box pleat.

This one is blue,1980s C&A and even better than that - that this skirt comes with a 'belt' as part of the skirt which is awesome as I am terrible at belts...




The cardigan and blouse are from M&S and I have always loved the red white and blue combination! These glasses are from Accessorize from a few years back when vintage inspired things weren't so popular as now. I got them in a bargain bin for about £2 which was brilliant as I think they really work with my features, they are not prescription however which left me with a bit of a banging headache at the end of the day. I need to shop around for some proper sunglasses...


One thing I've not mentioned is that I'm currently obsessed with vintage compacts. Especially Stratton ones. This one is one of my favourites and its  convertible meaning that it can hold loose powder and pressed powder. I would completely recommend a compact for a slightly prettier look than your average hand mirror.


Skirt: Vintage C&A
Blouse: M&S
Cardigan: M&S via eBay
Sunglasses: Accessorize
Shoes: Clarks




No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...